Phillips Milk Of Magnesia
Philips Milk of Magnesium bottle circa 1918 - 1923
4 1/2 inches tall 2 inches wide and 1 1/2 inches deep
Manufactured from 1873 - Present
Invented by an English Pharmacist named Charles Henry Phillips, and patented in 1873 under the name Hydrate of Magnesia. Charles died suddenly from apoplexy in 1888 and his four sons acquired and ran the corporation until 1923 when it was bought by Sterling Drug.
The cobalt blue glass wasn’t used until 1918 and after 1923 “Phillips” was removed from the embossing. This bottle would have been manufactured by a machine.
Recommended for: Relief from a sour stomach, neutralize gastric acidity, correcting general hyper acidity, biliousness, and indigestion.
Food Safe, Hand Wash Only.
Quantities and colors are limited.
Each Piece is handmade and as such each piece has the slight imperfections of the human hand. Colors may vary and sizes are approximate. Individual pieces in a set will vary slightly.
Returns / Exchanges / Shipping / Damages in Shipping
All sales are final
Currently only Shipping in the USA. Packages are shipped via USPS. A flat $10 rate is applied to all orders under $100
If your purchased piece has been damaged in shipping.
Please email with in three days of its delivery.
Attach photos of the broken piece and damage to box.
A replacement or a refund will depend upon the purchased item.